house DJ and Producer in Paris

Podcast Interview bearing in mind Joss Moog - Paris-based home DJ and Producer

Transcript of Interview:

I have the great pleasure to have Mr. Joss Moog in the manner of me today. The creator of one of my favorite tracks ever called "Drumin' it." And this is Joss Moog.

Hi everybody, kind to meet you, nearly meet you!

You are talking from Paris right now, is it?

Yeah, I'm in the east of Paris, 20 minutes away from Paris. Not too far-off to go for booking and to operate in Paris. in view of that that's cool.

So that's where you play-act mostly? Paris? Europe? What is your tour schedule these days?

It's going greater than before and augmented in Paris you know. The house music scene is growing agreed quick since 3 or 4 years now. Paris obviously a unquestionably lovely city, but in the with we used to have lot of flyer parties you know, now young people in Europe, especially in Paris, the approximately 20 years archaic are discovering house music and underground music. It's getting bigger and better. in the past I used to accomplishment most of the period in Europe, not in France, but now I get more and more gigs in https://www.parismusic.co.uk/ , and its cool because I need them.

Yeah. hence Paris is becoming a home capital in view of that to say.

Exactly, its growing faster and lots of youngster people are having parties, creating labels, buying vinyls... you know. It's essentially fine for us, because 4 years ago people used to tell that I was playing music for dated people, but not anymore.

Is the majority of the home scene in the works in regular clubs and traditional locations or is it more virtually private parties, one off locations?

You have both. I think it works next this: if you have child maintenance you can have good parties in regular clubs gone "Rex" which is in fact expensive. isolated if you are a good supporter or you have money you can accomplish that. young person people attempt to create it happen in underground places in Paris, but it is not consequently easy. You have to be careful in Paris, you know.

Yeah, one business I know just about Paris: it is completely expensive.

Exactly!

What I would later than to ask you is, what is your story? How did your DJ carrier resign yourself to off? What was your fracture through experience?

As a child my first business is production you know. I used to create funky music and discharge duty the electric piano in a band, funky disco style. My first love was the French be next to especially Daft Punk taking into account "Homework". That's considering I got into house music and started to produce some tracks. subsequently I met Phil Weeks. We became utterly near links because we were do its stuff sports together.

When you DJ, you learn a lot very nearly how to produce

Phil Weeks is the Robsoul founder right?

Exactly.

In 2006, I released my first EP on Robsoul and after that I didn't quit. We stayed categorically near and I have a lot of releases from Robsoul. And that's how I came to production and DJing.

So your first admission was production and by having thriving releases you got into DJing.

Exactly! And now I adore both because bearing in mind you DJ, you learn a lot approximately how to produce. If you are on your own working in your house or in your studio, it's not the same thing. This music you have to do its stuff it in oder to understand it.

I totally agree taking into account that. I think it's a absolute interest to manufacture and play. It both inspires each other. This is then my experience: past you just sit at home and create tracks, they may sealed good in your bedroom. But it can be a alternative bill in the club.

Exactly! I learn every time I play. I listen unconditionally with intent to all track I operate or further DJs play. all times I come help home I'm agreed annoyed to accomplish further productions. I desire to complete this, I want to complete that... all epoch I go to gigs I allow my computer and past and after the gig I want to attain production you know.

Would you mind sharing what you use for production? Which tools you use? You use Ableton, Logic or something else?

I used to pretense on Cubase for years. But now I have totally changed: I bought a MPC 3000 - hardware stuff - and I'm really loving it. It tainted everything. But in imitation of you have MPC 3000 you have to fine-tune all in your studio. appropriately now I'm building a supplementary studio, because I desire to organize everything vis--vis the MPC.

That's your central production tool? MPC? I used to have a MPC 2000 some 15 years ago and unfortunately I sold it.

It's the main stuff in my studio now. And I'm buying anything to create the MPC sound better.

What software pull off you use?

Now subsequently MPC, I isolated use unassailable Forge. Because, the main stuff is to import good samples. I used to give a positive response samples from vinyl, from CDs, internet, everywhere. Even from my microphone. I subsequently to photograph album stuff, past my voice. Last get older I did a video - you can locate it on my tilt photograph album page- subsequent to my Samsung phone. I sampeled the "bip..bip..bip.." of the volume control, put it into my MPC and did a track on "bip..bip..bip.."( both laugh)

With the MPC now, I have the correct feeling I was looking for

Oh my God! that is hilarious!! suitably you accomplish your amassed production on the MPC - that is unbelievable!

Yeah, I ' m vigorous on it. Because in software (Cubase) I always had that problem of sound. Not appropriately easy to hermetic great. To have the particular unassailable I'm looking for: rough, strong. in imitation of the MPC now, I have the true feeling I was looking for. You have to have good samples at first. The sounds of the sample is essentially important. You can't import something which sounds bad. But now if I import samples into the MPC, it sounds in point of fact huge.

Powered by Blogger.